Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Update...

My sweet sweet little man, why oh why do you hate your crib and nursery so? I promise I spent so much time decorating it just right. I hoped that it would be perfect for you, but obviously I got something very wrong! Our last few weeks have been a challenge. You went from sleeping 8 hours straight, to 4 hours if I was lucky! You just don't like being in their all by yourself! One day you will be thankful you have your own room I promise!

While our experiment in moving Wyatt to his room from the bassinet in our room started off rocky, it is getting better. I have tried everything from sleeping on the floor in his room with him, to putting the bassinet in the crib. I bought the same fan we use in our bedroom to put in the nursery, hoping the sound would be comforting. I even experimented with closing the vent in his room thinking maybe air was blowing on him! Nothing worked... He just needed time to get to know this new space.

Slowly but surely he is adjusting. Three weeks in and we are almost back to his normal sleeping habits pre move. I am finally not staring at the monitor all night panicking that he is going to wake up again, and he is staying asleep! Win all the way around! Even though these past few weeks have been a little tough, I wouldn't have traded having Wyatt in the bassinet in our room for anything. A few weeks of bad sleep were worth the three months of getting to have him so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment